Zondervan wins three 2020 Christian Book Awards®
HarperCollins Christian Publishing congratulates the three winners and eleven finalists from Thomas Nelson and Zondervan
Nashville, Tenn. (May 7, 2020) – Zondervan is honored to have three books receive 2020 Christian Book Awards. These awards have been presented annually since 1978 to honor the “best of the year” in 12 categories. The winners in each category are typically awarded at the ECPA Executive Leadership Summit. However, this year’s in-person event was cancelled due to COVID-19, and a virtual celebration was hosted on May 5, 2020 to recognize the recipients of the distinguished awards.
The winning titles from Zondervan are:
- Audio – Palau by Paul J. Pastor narrated by Cástulo Guerra, produced by Gabe Wicks/HarperCollins Christian Publishing – (Zondervan Books)
- Bible Study – The Logic of God written by Ravi Zacharias – (Zondervan Gift)
- Devotion and Gift – Settle My Soul: 100 Quiet Moments to Meet with Jesus written by Ruth Schwenk and Karen Ehman – (Zondervan Gift)
Between Thomas Nelson and Zondervan, HarperCollins Christian Publishing also had 11 titles named finalists in eight out of 12 categories.
- Audio – It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way written and narrated by Lysa TerKeurst, produced by Gabe Wicks/HarperCollins Christian Publishing – (Thomas Nelson, Nelson Books)
- Audio – Voice Only Audio Bible – New King James Version narrated by Simon Bubb, produced by David Angus/HarperCollins Christian Publishing – (Thomas Nelson, Thomas Nelson Bibles)
- Bibles – NIrV The Illustrated Holy Bible for Kids – (Zondervan, Zondervan Bibles)
- Bible Reference – Zondervan Essential Companion to Christian History written by Stephen Backhouse – (Zondervan, Zondervan Academic)
- Bible Reference – Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament: Romans, General Editors – Frank Thielman and Clinton Arnold – (Zondervan, Zondervan Academic)
- Children – Just in Case You Ever Wonder written by Max Lucado, illustrated by Eva Tharlet – (Thomas Nelson, Tommy Nelson)
- Christian Living – Rhythms of Renewal written by Rebekah Lyons – (Zondervan, Zondervan Books)
- Faith and Culture – Shrewd Samaritan: Faith, Economics, and the Road to Loving our Global Neighbor written by Bruce Wydick – (Thomas Nelson, W Publishing)
- New Author – The Color of Compromise; The Truth About the American Church’s Complicity in Racism written by Jemar Tisby – (Zondervan, Zondervan Reflective)
- Young People’s Literature – Show Up for Your Life by Chrystal Evans Hurst – (Zondervan, Zonderkidz)
- Young People’s Literature – BibleForce Devotional: The First Heroes Devotional by Tama Fortner – (Thomas Nelson, Tommy Nelson)
“We are thrilled to have 14 books recognized by the Christian Book Awards this year,” said Mark Schoenwald, president and CEO of HarperCollins Christian Publishing. “When these works were written, our authors never would have guessed the unprecedented struggles our nation would face in 2020. However, the God-honoring content our authors produced is serving people across the globe as they navigate this new normal. I am grateful to see their work celebrated by the Christian book industry. Congratulations to all of the well-deserved winners and finalists.”
For more information on this year’s winners and finalists please click here.
About HarperCollins Christian Publishing: The world’s leading Christian publisher, HarperCollins Christian Publishing Inc., comprises both Thomas Nelson and Zondervan publishing groups in addition to Olive Tree Bible Software. The Company produces bestselling Bibles, inspirational books, academic resources, curriculum, audio and digital content for the Christian market space. Also home to BibleGateway.com, the world’s largest Christian website, and FaithGateway.com, an online community dedicated to helping people grow in their faith. HarperCollins Christian Publishing is headquartered in Nashville, TN with additional offices in the U.S., Mexico and Brazil. For more information visit www.HarperCollinsChristian.com.
Contact: Chelsea Taff, Assistant Manager, Corporate Communications, 615.902.2137 Chelsea.firstname.lastname@example.org