Zondervan releases NIV Verse Mapping Bible created by award-winning author Kristy Cambron
Grand, Rapids, Mich. (Jan. 2020)— Zondervan, a division of HarperCollins Christian Publishing, is proud to release the NIV Verse Mapping Bible created by award-winning author and former women’s ministry leader and speaker, Kristy Cambron.
“Scripture is meant to be experienced as an all-inclusive story of who God is. That’s the heart behind the NIV Verse Mapping Bibles—taking God’s Word, turning pages that are alive, digging deep into the story of Scripture, and recording promises that are wholly relevant to our faith today,” said Kristy Cambron, creator of the NIV Verse Mapping Bible. “It’s the journey that’s changed my entire life, and I’m so excited that through these Bibles we can invite families into that same experience, and they’ll make precious memories out of studying God’s Word together.”
In the NIV Verse Mapping Bible, author Kristy Cambron expands her verse mapping curriculum series to include verses from the entire Bible, showing readers how to compare Bible translations, pick out meaningful words, and delve into the true meaning of each verse. This unique study technique also helps readers study the historical context, transliteration, translation, connotation, and theological framework of a verse. Verse mapping involves five steps:
- Choose: Select a verse and write it out.
- Compare: Record this verse in two or three other Bible translations and underline key words that are the same or different between translations.
- Research: Look up the Hebrew or Greek meaning for the underlined words and record it.
- Consider: Ask questions of the verse. Imagine what it would be like to have experienced what’s happening. Read the verses surrounding this verse and use other study tools to dig even deeper, if you prefer.
- Apply: What is God saying to you? How does this verse relate to your life today?
“We are so thankful for this opportunity to partner with Kristy to bring this unique Bible study tool to life,” said Melinda Bouma, vice president and publisher of Bibles for Zondervan. “We feel honored that our Verse Mapping Bible editions will foster a deeper love of Scripture while helping readers develop a new, lifelong Bible reading habit.”
The NIV Verse Mapping Bible features guided instructions on how verse mapping works, where to start, and how readers can make the most of their time in the Word. Features include:
- Full text of the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV)
- Guided instructions on how verse mapping works, how to start, and how to get the most from your mapping
- 350 partially completed verse maps with pre-selected verses in multiple Bible translations and helpful Hebrew or Greek word studies
- Includes directions on how to use the Reverse Interlinear feature on BibleGateway.com to research the Greek and Hebrew translations for these 350 verses for free
- More than 70 blank verse maps for your own inductive Bible study journey
- 66 book introductions
- Presentation page
- Topical index
- Satin ribbon marker
- Exclusive Zondervan NIV Comfort Print® typeface
- 8-point print size
The NIV Verse Mapping Bible is also available for young readers. The NIV Verse Mapping Bible for Girls puts the same verse mapping format into a fresh, youthful design for girls ages eight and up, giving them a template and foundation for starting their own exploration of Scriptures. Young readers can use this system to see just how real and relevant the Word of God is in their daily lives.
The NIV Verse Mapping Bible is available now in a variety of bindings. To learn more about Kristy Cambron and the Verse Mapping Bible visit VerseMapping.com.
- 9780310454595 NIV, Verse Mapping Bible, Cloth over Board, Gray, $44.99
- 9780310454571 NIV, Verse Mapping Bible, Leathersoft, Brown, $54.99
- 9780310454601 NIV, Verse Mapping Bible, Leathersoft, Brown, Thumb Indexed, $64.99
- 9780310454625 NIV, Verse Mapping Bible, Leathersoft, Navy Floral, $54.99
- 9780310454564 NIV, Verse Mapping Bible, Leathersoft, Navy Floral, Thumb Indexed, $64.99
- 9780310454687 NIV, Verse Mapping Bible for Girls, Hardcover, $32.99
- 9780310454717 NIV, Verse Mapping Bible for Girls, Leathersoft, $39.99
About the Author: Kristy Cambron is a vintage-inspired storyteller, writing both award-winning historical fiction and Bible Studies. She’s served as a Women’s Ministry Leader and speaks at events across the country, encouraging women to experience a deeper life in the Word through verse mapping. Her work has been named to the Publishers Weekly Religion & Spirituality TOP 10, Library Journal Reviews’ Best Books, RT Reviewers’ Choice Awards, has received multiple INSPY Award nominations, and is a 2020 Christy Award Winner.
About Zondervan: is a world leading Bible publisher and provider of Christian communications. Zondervan, part of HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc., delivers transformational Christian experiences through its bestselling Bibles, books, curriculum, academic resources and digital products. The Company’s products are sold worldwide and translated into nearly 200 languages. Zondervan offices are located in Grand Rapids, MI. For additional information, please visit www.zondervan.com.
About the NIV: The New International Version (NIV) is the world’s bestselling modern-English Bible translation—accurate, readable, and clear, yet rich with the detail found in the original languages. The NIV is the result of over 50 years of work by the Committee on Bible Translation, who oversee the efforts of many contributing scholars. Representing the spectrum of evangelicalism, the translators come from a wide range of denominations and various countries and continually review new research to ensure the NIV remains at the forefront of accessibility, relevance, and authority. Every NIV Bible that is purchased helps Biblica translate and give Bibles to people in need around the world.
Contact: Amy Bigler, Senior Public Relations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org 616.698.3514