What Is The Lutheran Difference? CPH’S New Reformation Anniversary Edition Explains
CONTACT: Beth Behrhorst, Public Relations
Saint Louis, MO—For Lutherans who find themselves struggling to explain their beliefs and practices to other Christians, there is a comprehensive resource that can help. Concordia Publishing House announces the release of The Lutheran Difference: An Explanation and Comparison of Christian Beliefs.
This book, which is a special Reformation anniversary edition, gathers together the popular 18-book Bible study series known as The Lutheran Difference and is structured around the Nicene Creed. It offers answers and explanations to questions about Lutheranism in one handy volume, so readers can easily find the information they need in one place.
Special features of the book include:
- 500-year anniversary cover art reflecting the likenesses of the great Lutheran reformers: Martin Chemnitz, Jacob Andreae, Philip Melanchthon, and, of course, Martin Luther
- A new preface essay on how American churches are changing or staying the same in the 21stcentury, based on research from the Alban Institute, the Barna Group, and on-site visits to congregations of the eight major denominational families
- Additional content on the mission of God, the fall and original sin, homosexuality and biblical teaching, Luther’s theology of the cross, church fellowship, and life together as the forgiven and forgiving people of God
- More than thirty cross-references to the second edition of the Catechism of the Catholic Church
- A 50-page summary and hope-filled update of Bergendoff’s Church of the Lutheran Reformation, tracing Lutheran history from the Reformation to the present
- A subject index allowing speedy access to more than 700 pages of inspiring content and facts
While many Lutherans have been educated concerning the “what” of the doctrines of the Church, they might not have a complete scriptural foundation that would allow them to articulate the “why.” When confronted with different doctrines or denominations, they sometimes cannot clearly state their faith, nor do they fully understand the differences. The Lutheran Difference enables Lutherans to confidently confess their faith in the face of such questions.
To pre-order the book, visit cph.org. For more information, to request a copy of the book for review purposes, or to set up an interview, contact Beth Behrhorst, CPH Public Relations, 314-268-1294.
About Concordia Publishing House
Concordia Publishing House (CPH) is the publishing arm of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. For nearly 145 years, CPH has been providing individuals, churches, and schools with products that are faithful to the Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions. From books and Bibles to church supplies, curriculum, and software, CPH offers more than 8,000 products to support the proclamation of the Gospel worldwide. Visit CPH online at cph.org.
# # #