Twelve InterVarsity Press Authors to Speak
at the Apprentice Gathering
WICHITA, KANSAS—InterVarsity Press will be partnering with Apprentice Institute and Renovaré for the annual Apprentice Gathering October 8–10 at Friends University in Wichita, Kansas. A dozen IVP authors will be featured speakers at the event.
James Bryan Smith, Executive Director of the Apprentice Institute, said, “The Apprentice Gathering has been a dynamic partnership between the Apprentice Institute and InterVarsity Press for the past five years. Each year this event has featured outstanding IVP authors on the stage and in the workshops, and this year proves the same. Along with myself, IVP authors such as Christena Cleveland, Alan Fadling, Todd Hunter, Gordon Smith, Tom Smith and Mae Cannon will be offering plenary talks and workshops. The theme is ‘The Joy of Kingdom Living,’ and these authors and speakers are well-versed on this subject. Come and join us!”
The Apprentice Gathering is an annual, national forum for followers of Jesus to learn new ideas, be inspired, make connections and walk away energized to make a difference in the world. This year’s focus will be on the joy people experience when they live a balanced life of discipleship to Jesus. Each plenary session will examine the joyful aspect of the great traditions: the contemplative, holiness, charismatic, evangelical, social justice and incarnational expressions that have borne witness to a balanced Christian life.
Featured IVP authors include
- James Bryan Smith, author of The Apprentice Series, including The Good and Beautiful Life, The Good and Beautiful God and others
- Richard Foster, author of Longing for God and Sanctuary of the Soul
- Christena Cleveland, author of Disunity in Christ
- Alan Fadling, author of The Unhurried Life
- Gordon T. Smith, author of Courage and Calling and Called to be Saints
- Todd Hunter, author of The Accidental Anglican and Christianity Beyond Belief
- Mae Elise Cannon, author of Social Justice Handbook
- Kai Nilsen, author of Renew Your Life
- Tom Smith, author of Raw Spirituality
- Bob Fryling, author of The Leadership Ellipse
- Kent Carlson and Mike Lueken, coauthors of Renovation of the Church
InterVarsity Press and the Apprentice Institute have been working together for a number of years with the development of The Apprentice Series resources, authored by Smith, which help shape the work of the Apprentice Institute.
“All of us at InterVarsity Press are grateful for a long and fruitful relationship with James Bryan Smith and the Apprentice Institute team,” Jeff Crosby, Associate Publisher and Director of Sales and Marketing at InterVarsity Press, said. “The Apprentice Gathering is one key element of that relationship. There is nothing more gratifying than to see our authors—through both plenary messages and in seminars—connecting with the hearts and souls and minds of the men and women gathered at this conference each autumn, knowing they walk away changed through the work of the Spirit.”
Find out more about the Apprentice Gathering at apprenticegathering.org.
Founded in 1947 as an extension of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA, InterVarsity Press serves those in the university, the church and the world by publishing thoughtful Christian books that equip and encourage people to follow Jesus as Savior and Lord in all of life. For more information, visit ivpress.com