Thomas Nelson releases The Open Bible®, for the first time in the NIV
Nashville, Ten. (March 2021)- Thomas Nelson, a division of HarperCollins Christian Publishing, is pleased to announce the release of The Open Bible, now available for the first time in the widely-read New International Version (NIV) translation.
“For more than 40 years, Thomas Nelson has published The Open Bible,” said Philip Nation, vice president and publisher of Bibles for Thomas Nelson. “The new combination of our premier reference system with the NIV translation offers a Bible edition that is transformative for every level of Bible reader.”
The Bible is the most life-changing, timeless document in history. A unified book that, on the surface, can be multifaceted and confusing. A book filled with different genres, like wisdom literature, poetry, prophetic speeches, and historical reporting. Written by many writers in many cultures in different languages over a long period of time. While its message points to one unified truth, the Bible in all its many parts can be complex and difficult to navigate.
The Open Bible helps readers approach this profound work with confidence and clarity. Offering a user-friendly navigation system that allows readers to easily find the connectivity of Scripture, it’s no wonder why The Open Bible is trusted by millions.
Now offered in the popular New International Version, The Open Bible continues to stand up to its name as the ultimate reference Bible for more than 40 years. A robust topical index with more than 8,000 names, places, concepts, and doctrines, all connected by both verse and page number, The NIV Open Bible gives readers more access to the truths of the Word. Book introductions and outlines improve understanding of the history and context of each writer, the important themes, and how Christ is the message from Genesis to Revelation. In addition, The NIV Open Bible includes:
- Extensive cross-references so readers can find related passages and texts
- Visual Survey of the Bible illustrating an easy-to-follow diagram of Scripture from Genesis 1 to today
- Amazing study aids including a concordance, How to Study the Bible, The Christian’s Guide to the New Life, The Scarlet Thread of Redemption, and Prophecies of the Messiah Fulfilled in Christ
- Clear and readable NIV Comfort Print® in a 9-point print size
The NIV Open Bible is available now in a variety of bindings:
- 9780785230236 NIV, Open Bible, Hardcover, Gray, $34.99
- 9780785230274 NIV, Open Bible, Leathersoft, Brown, $59.99
- 9780785230281 NIV, Open Bible, Leathersoft, Brown, Thumb Indexed, $69.99
- 9780785230250 NIV, Open Bible, Leathersoft, Black, $59.99
- 9780785230267 NIV, Open Bible, Leathersoft, Black, Thumb Indexed, $69.99
- 9780785230298 NIV, Open Bible, Genuine Leather, Brown, $139.99
About Comfort Print®: Thomas Nelson Bibles teamed up with 2K/Denmark, the world’s foremost typeface foundry, to create exclusive Comfort Print Bible fonts. Comfort Print Bibles are easy to read at any size because the typeface was designed to be both efficient and readable. HarperCollins believes that the beauty of the message should be reflected in the physical form of the book. Choosing the right typeface is one significant element in creating beautiful Bibles.
About Thomas Nelson: Thomas Nelson is a world leading publisher and provider of Christian content and has been providing readers with quality inspirational products for more than 200 years. As part of HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc., the publishing group provides multiple formats of award-winning Bibles, books, gift books, cookbooks, curriculum and digital content, with distribution of its products in more than 100 countries. Thomas Nelson, is headquartered in Nashville, TN. For additional information visit www.thomasnelson.com
Contact: Amy Bigler, Senior Public Relations Manager, email@example.com