Thomas Nelson Bibles releases revised second edition of Dr. John MacArthur’s Bestselling NASB Study Bible
Enriching the lives of more than 2 million readers around the world
Nashville, Ten. (June 2020)- Thomas Nelson Bibles, a division of HarperCollins Christian Publishing, is pleased to announce the release of the fully redesigned and updated second edition of the NASB MacArthur Study Bible.
For more than 35 years, Dr. John MacArthur has collected his pastoral and scholarly work to create the most comprehensive NASB study Bible available. Like the NKJV MacArthur Study Bible, which released in September 2019, the NASB has been fully redesigned with updated study notes and expanded selection of maps and charts. No other study Bible does such a thorough job of explaining the historical context, unfolding the meaning of the text, and making it practical for your life.
“I live for one primary reason and that is to make the Bible understandable,” said Dr. MacArthur. “The intention of the MacArthur Study Bibles has always been singular—to explain the meaning of the text. The meaning is the revelation, you’ve got to get the meaning right.”
Over 2 million readers around the world have had their spiritual lives enriched and their understanding of God’s Word expanded by The MacArthur Study Bible. Drawing on more than fifty years of dedicated pastoral and scholarly work, Dr. John MacArthur’s verse-by-verse study notes, book introductions, and articles display an unparalleled commitment to his life’s work—making God known through the Scripture.
“Over the years, John MacArthur has been my “go to” teacher to understand the Bible,” said John Kramp, senior vice president and group publisher, for Thomas Nelson Bibles. “I envy all those who will read and use this Bible for the first time. Expect a feast. For the rest of us who have relied on the first edition for years, this is what we’ve been waiting for.”
- Nearly 25,000 verse-by-verse study notes
- 190 in-text maps, charts, and diagrams that illustrate the meanings, themes, teachings, people, and places of Scripture
- Outline of Systematic Theology
- Thomas Nelson’s complete cross-reference system, with over 72,000 references
- Bible reading plans
- Chronology of Old Testament Patriarchs and Judges
- Chronology of Old Testament Kings and Prophets
- Chronology of the New Testament
- Overviews of Christ’s Life, Ministry, and Passion Week
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Introductions to each major section of Scripture
- Index to Key Bible Doctrines
- Clear and readable NASB Comfort Print® 9.5-point typeface
The new second edition of the NASB MacArthur Study Bible offers a range of cover choices, including a Premier Collection edition bound with goatskin; premium European Bible paper; beautiful art-gilded edges; and three satin ribbon markers.
“The Premier Collection exemplifies the high and exacting standards of craftsmanship in Bible publishing,” said Philip Nation, vice president and publisher, Thomas Nelson Bibles. “It is fitting that we present The MacArthur Study Bible, 2nd Edition (NKJV and NASB) in these volumes that will last a lifetime. Dr. MacArthur’s legacy is one of seeking a precise understanding of the Scriptures and is deserving of inclusion in these beautiful editions.”
The NASB MacArthur Study Bible, Second Edition is available now:
- NASB, MacArthur Study Bible, 2nd Edition, Hardcover, Gray 9780785230304
- NASB, MacArthur Study Bible, 2nd Edition, Leathersoft, Black 9780785230335
- NASB, MacArthur Study Bible, 2nd Edition, Leathersoft, Black, Indexed 9780785230342
- NASB, MacArthur Study Bible, 2nd Edition, Leathersoft, Brown 9780785230311
- NASB, MacArthur Study Bible, 2nd Edition, Leathersoft, Brown, Indexed 9780785230328
- NASB, MacArthur Study Bible, 2nd Edition, Premium Goatskin Leather, Brown, Premier Collection 9780785230892
To learn more about the latest edition and translations available in the MacArthur Study Bible, visit www.newMacArthurBible.com.
For reprint permission, review copies, or to request an interview with John Kramp, senior vice president and group publisher for Thomas Nelson Bibles, contact Amy Bigler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616.698.3514.
About the Author:
John MacArthur has served as pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California, since 1969. His ministry of expository preaching is unparalleled in its breadth and influence. In more than five decades of ministry from the same pulpit, he has preached verse by verse through the entire New Testament and several key sections of the Old Testament. He is president of the Master’s University and the Master’s Seminary and can be heard daily on the Grace to You radio broadcast (carried on hundreds of radio stations worldwide). He has authored numerous bestselling books, including Twelve Ordinary Men and One Perfect Life.
About Thomas Nelson:
Thomas Nelson is a world-leading publisher and provider of Christian content and has been providing readers with quality inspirational product for more than 200 years. As part of HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc., the publishing group provides multiple formats of award-winning Bibles, books, gift books, cookbooks, curriculum and digital content, with distribution of its products in more than 100 countries. Thomas Nelson is headquartered in Nashville, TN. For additional information visit www.thomasnelson.com.
Contact: Amy Bigler, Senior Public Relations Manager email@example.com 616.698.3514