It’s better to do one social platform very well than to do five poorly.
But with so many social media outlets out there, how do you choose? Consider your audience, your goals, and your preferences. When you target your audience on social media, target only the relevant platforms and communicate regularly.
Here’s how we see the top social media platforms we use to reach our clients’ audiences and why you should be on at least one of them, too!
Our Ranking of the Top Social Media Outlets
We consider Instagram the #1 social media platform for all things, all people, and all hashtags. A few reasons to choose Instagram as your go-to social platform:
- Instagram has 1 billion monthly active users worldwide.
- 81% of Instagram users use it to research brands, products, and services.
- You can use Social Influencers on Instagram to drive followers, engagement, and results.
Facebook is another “all things, all people” platform, which is why it’s our #2 social media outlet. A few reasons to choose Facebook as your go-to social platform:
- Facebook has 2.89 billion monthly active users worldwide.
- You can use Facebook Advertising to generate more engagement and sales.
- This is even more true if, like us, you have your past advertising audiences and campaigns to start from now that Facebook has purged its ad system of most religion-based targeting options.
- Facebook and Instagram are integrated, making cross-promoting easy and effective.
Gab is a Facebook Alternative designed for Christian and Conservative people. You can use it as a traditional social platform and try Gab Ads to get your message to a sizable faith-based audience. A few reasons to choose Gab as your go-to social platform:
- 23+ million unique visitors/users
- 165 million monthly page views
- Growing targeting options with user privacy
- No #BigTech internet police
- Analytic tools and reporting
LinkedIn is an excellent platform to connect with other leaders and business professionals. We post all of our content on LinkedIn for networking purposes and to utilize the platform’s robust hashtags. A few reasons to choose LinkedIn as your go-to social platform:
- LinkedIn has 775 million monthly active users worldwide.
- You can create a personal page and business profile for your ministry or organization.
- LinkedIn is a great platform to educate and facilitate meaningful “industry” conversations and networking.
Twitter works well as a social media news source and is ideal for a high volume of new, exciting, and trending content. A few reasons to choose Twitter as your go-to social platform:
- Twitter has 322.4 million monthly active users worldwide.
- It is a great platform to promote your news headlines and articles and connect at events.
- Twitter hashtags enable you to reach a larger audience.
Pinterest is a visual search engine, most popular among women. Christian and faith-based content trends on Pinterest in the form of quotes, blog posts, and meaningful infographics. A few reasons to choose Pinterest as your go-to social platform:
- Pinterest has 454 million monthly active users worldwide.
- The platform works similar to a search engine but prioritizes visual content.
- You can use SEO strategies and advertising to reach a larger audience.
#7: Google My Business
Google My Business enables ministries and organizations with a physical location to list their business on Google Maps. This helps your business show up in local search results to generate more traffic to your website. Even if you don’t need the regional focus, having key content there enhances your SEO. While we don’t encourage you to use Google My Business as your primary social media platform, creating a listing and using it for reviews and testimonials doesn’t hurt.
Our Ranking of the Top Video-Sharing Outlets
We consider YouTube the #1 video-sharing platform for all things and all people. As the most popular video-sharing outlet, you can generate tens or hundreds of thousands of views with the right YouTube strategy. A few reasons to choose YouTube as your go-to video platform:
- YouTube has 2.1 billion monthly active users worldwide.
- You can post organic content and advertisements on YouTube.
- You can grow a YouTube channel quickly from scratch with the right approach.
TikTok uses short-form video content to reach and engage a younger audience. If you have the bandwidth to stay up-to-date on trends and create a consistent stream of video content, TikTok can be beneficial. A few reasons to choose TikTok as your go-to video platform:
- TikTok has 65.9 million monthly active users in the U.S.
- The app has been installed on over 2.5 billion devices worldwide.
- You can reach the younger generation where they spend time online.
#3: Instagram and Facebook
While not solely video-sharing platforms, Instagram and Facebook support short-form and long-form video content. For example, you can create an Instagram Reel and cross-promote it on Facebook. A few reasons to choose Instagram and Facebook as your go-to video platform:
- IG and FB have a combined 3.89 billion active users worldwide.
- You don’t have to have a consistent flow of new video content to be effective.
- Both platforms cater to a broad audience and multiple generations.
- If you are already posting your video content to YouTube, it’s easy to upload and post it natively on IG and/or Facebook as well. Don’t bother posting your YouTube link on FB or IG.
GodTube is a Christian YouTube alternative that supports faith-based video content. It is family-friendly, and most of the content includes worship music and concerts, heartwarming videos, clean viral content, and comedy clips. While we don’t encourage you to use GodTube as your primary video-sharing platform, it is a great place to cross-promote your YouTube content to reach even more people. The GodTube audience likes the safety and quality of the platform’s content and has likely left the “worldly cesspool” of YouTube.
Do Social Media Well with the Help of FrontGate Media
If we didn’t mention a specific social media outlet above, it’s because we intend for this to be a Top List, not an exhaustive list of every platform possible. Some outlets may be newer or older, and/or outlets that we’re taking a wait-and-see approach with.
As marketers, we want to be effective rather than trendy for clients. However, we won’t argue with success and will engage when those outlets achieve it.
Are you ready to reach and engage your audience on social media?
Getting help from a Social Marketing Agency like FrontGate Social will lighten your load with advertising and content management, influencers, and other tactics to make you more effective. Take advantage of our experience on the platforms, content planning, content creation, and engagement, and then enjoy our monthly reporting! Ready to get started? Talk to us about your Social Marketing needs today!