The Long Goodbye: The Kara Tippetts Story
to release on Netflix June 23
Documentary creators available for interviews
THE LONG GOODBYE: The Kara Tippetts Story – New documentary follows the powerful story of a wife and mother thrust into the national spotlight through a terminal cancer diagnosis. KaraTippettsDocumentary.com
Film was a #1 best-seller on the Amazon Documentary chart and remained in the Top 10 for 6+ weeks.
Filmmakers Jay Lyons and Sofia J. Lyons are available for interviews to promote the launch of the film to Netflix.
Documentary releases on Netflix on June 23rd.
Shot in real-time and featuring Kara’s own vlogs and cell phone videos, this film offers an incredibly vulnerable look into a dying woman’s last days. The film also features Kara’s friends-including Ann Voskamp, Joanna Gaines, Ellie Holcomb, Jim Daly, Dianne Derby from KKTV, and bonus content featuring Joanna Gaines, Ann Voskamp, andJoni Eareckson Tada.
Kara Tippetts, a wife and young mother with terminal breast cancer shares the raw edges of dying with grace, dignity, and a sense of humor. We follow along with this celebrated author and blogger as she navigates through many of our greatest fears – suffering and dying. As a happily married pastor’s wife with four wonderful kids, a terminal cancer diagnosis wasn’t the storybook ending she would have written. Kara helps us realize that time is precious, and through her incredible honesty and ever-present humor, she reminds us that life truly is a gift. Kara was the author of The Hardest Peace (winner of the 2015 ECPA Christian Book Award® in the Inspiration category) and blogged faithfully at mundanefaithfulness.com. Cancer was only part of Kara’s story. Her real fight was to live genuinely with joy while facing a crushing reality.
- Clips from a house concert Ellie Holcomb performed for Kara.
- Selah performing an arrangement of one of Kara’s favorite hymns.
- An original song by Travis Cottrell.
- 2 original songs written for the film by Sofia J, including “I’ll See You Again”
Film talking points:
- Kara’s story, sharing her cancer battle in real time
- Where is God in our suffering?
- Parenting while dealing with an incredible illness
- Supporting a marriage during cancer
- The power of every moment
- How community can support a family that is struggling
- Why Kara wanted to share her story on camera
- What we can learn from Kara’s life and death
- Why were so many prominent national figures drawn to this ordinary mommy blogger?
For more information, to receive a screener, or to schedule an interview, please contact:
Lori Heiselman, 714-553-5181, Lori@BiscuitMediaGroup.com