Clicks Are Just a Part of the Picture

I just reread an article from the Center for Media Research that ties in well with and expands on my previous blog on What should your advertising do? Media giants MediaMind and comScore have already reported that the advertising industry-wide decline in clickthrough rates appears to have plateaued, and that this all-important clickthrough metric illustrates only a small part of the overall return on the ad. In fact, comScore found that only 20% of conversions took place directly after clicking on an ad. The other 80% of conversions were post-impression conversions, results of the branding and awareness that were created by the ad.