Do you read the full Terms and Service agreements? Most people click “agree” as quickly as possible to these updates without glancing through the changes buried in their legal jargon. LinkedIn has introduced three new tools to help you protect your privacy and security and we are here to help you understand what is new and how to update your settings.
Here is FrontGate’s report on the key things you can do now to protect your privacy on LinkedIn using their new security tools:
– You can choose how your information is shared, displayed or received. In your settings you have the option to:
- Select who can see your activity feed
- Turn on or off activity broadcasts
- Select what people see when you’ve viewed their profile
- Select who can see your connections
- Change your profile photo and visibility
- Block members for added privacy
– Protect your account with two-step verification:
Opting into two-step verification can greatly reduce identity theft and unauthorized access. Learn how to turn it on with this SlideShare presentation.
– Turn on secure browsing (HTTPS):
A good indicator of a protected website connection is the https:// you see in your browser address bar. While LinkedIn automatically secures a connection for pages with sensitive information (like credit card information), you can also turn this on when viewing all pages across LinkedIn – Learn how.
Click this link to follow FrontGate on LinkedIn.
Never be out of the loop again; follow our the FrontGate Blog to keep up with the latest trends, statistics and news about social media. Please inquire about our faith-based Social Media Services.