National Media Confirmed for Lecrae’s Memoir Unashamed by B&H
Pre-Sale Campaign + VIP Marketing + National Media
= Major Impact for May 3 Release
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – (April 11, 2016) B&H Publishing has created a unique and unprecedented marketing campaign for the forthcoming memoir, Unashamed, by two-time Grammy winning rap artist.
National media interest has been strong in Unashamed and confirmed hits include:
- Good Morning America – live interview scheduled for week of May 3, exact date to come (5 million+ daily viewers)
- Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon – live appearance on Friday, May 6th (3.5 million nightly viewers)
- The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore – live appearance on Tuesday, May 3rd(750,000 nightly viewers)
- PBS-TV One on One with Steve Adubato – taped interview scheduled to air in May, exact date to come (1 million daily viewers)
- Ebony Magazine – review, Spring 2016 (1.6 million readers)
- Jet Magazine – review, Spring 2016 (750,000 readers)
- Relevant Magazine – cover story, January/February 2016 (200,000+ readers)
- Relevant Magazine Podcast – interview, February 2016 (200,000 downloads)
- Publishers Weekly – positive review, March 11, 2016, “wonderfully inspirational and entertaining story.”
The online pre-sale campaign launched January 1, offering a bonus song track plus choice of free t-shirt or pre-concert event. Pre-orders have also been collected via book stations at Lecrae’s “Higher Learning” tour to college campuses through April. B&H and Lecrae have been supporting and promoting the pre-sale to guide people to UnashamedBook.com. Retail partners, including LifeWay Christian Stores, Family Christian, ChristianBook.com, Barnes & Noble, Mardel, and Books-a-million, have been adding unique marketing to the pre-sale. The pre-sale campaign items, as well as the hardcover edition of Unashamed were designed by Reach Records creative director Alex Medina. Photography for the cover of Unashamed was provided by Mary Caroline Mann.
The pre-order campaign has been supported online and on the ground via multiple strategic connection points, including:
- HIGHER LEARNING TOUR: Lecrae’s concert tour will attract 35,000 people on 25 U.S. college campuses, and feature book pre-sale stations marked by a 10-foot-tall book model (February 9 – April 24). This includes a May 21st live online book event from Lipscomb University in Nashville. Live.UnashamedBook.com.
- SOCIAL MEDIA PROMOTION for pre-sale campaign began January 1 via author’s accounts:
- Twitter (over 1 million followers) https://twitter.com/lecrae
- Facebook (over 2 million likes) https://www.facebook.com/Lecrae
- Instagram (755k followers) https://www.instagram.com/lecrae/
- ONLINE BOOK PROMOTION at Lecrae’s website (Lecrae.com) and book’s dedicated website (Unashamedbook.com), featuring Lecrae’s book promo video, tour information, more
- NATIONAL MEDIA: see above
“We are thrilled with the response we are seeing to Unashamed,” comments Jennifer Lyell, B&H Trade Book Publisher. “This is an extraordinary book that has been devoured by those who have read it so far. We anticipate the excitement and support of the message to become even stronger when the book is released and people begin to share about the content.”
In the pages of Unashamed, Lecrae recounts the adversity he’s encountered over his life—childhood abuse, drugs and alcoholism, a stint in rehab, an abortion, and an unsuccessful suicide attempt. Along the way, he’s attained an unwavering faith in Jesus and begun looking to God for affirmation. Now, as a chart-topping music industry anomaly, he has learned to ignore the haters and made peace with his craft. The rap artist holds nothing back as he divulges the most sensitive details of his life, answers his critics, shares intimate handwritten journal entries, and powerfully models how to be Christian in a secular age. Unashamed is the story of one man’s journey to faith and freedom.
Lecrae is a Grammy award winning hip-hop artist whose 2014 album, Anomaly, debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top 200, Rap, Digital, Christian, Gospel, and Independent charts. His seven studio albums and mixtapes have sold more than 1.5 million copies. Lecrae has been nominated for five Grammy Awards, including wins in 2013 for Best Gospel Album and in 2015 for Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song. He has earned seven Dove Awards, secured one Billboard Music Award nomination, won two Soul Train Music Awards and a BET Hip Hop Awards nomination. Lecrae resides in Atlanta, Georgia with his wife and three children.
Twitter @Lecrae – Instagram @Lecrae – Facebook
B&H Publishing Group, a division of LifeWay Christian Resources, is a team of mission-minded people with a passion for taking God’s Word to the world. Because we believe Every Word Matters® we seek to provide intentional, Bible-centered content that positively impacts the hearts and minds of people, inspiring them to build a lifelong relationship with Jesus Christ. Among our print and digital releases for the trade, church, and academic markets, titles include The New York Times No. 1 best-sellers The Love Dare and The Vow, #1 CBA best-seller I Am a Church Member as well as the award-winning HCSB Study Bible, which features the Holman Christian Standard Bible translation.
Unashamed by Lecrae
Features: 32-page color photograph interior
Hard Street Date: May 3, 2016
Format: Jacketed Hardcover
Page Count: 256 pages
Trim Size: 5.7” x 8.8”
BISAC: BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Composers & Musicians
Excerpts available upon request