My Broken Palace Encourages Struggling Teens Fighting Depression, Addiction, Self-Injury & Suicide
Orange Country, CA — Teen suicide accounts for 13% of all deaths among today’s youth, according to Fox News. In response to the rise in cyber-bullying, teen depression and addiction, My Broken Palace has started a movement to be an encouraging voice in the lives of teens.
My Broken Palace believes that loneliness deepens teens’ struggles. The non-profit movement provides “emotional triage” for teens through a peer to peer encouragement network, as well as through one on one interaction at live events such as Vans Warped Tour and various other music festivals around the country.
The website at http://www.MyBrokenPalace.com was created for high school and college age young adults, enables people to find encouragement and hope. The online Prayer Wall features real time prayer requests from youth across the United States. The online Art Wall provides a place for self-expression which is a common part of the healing process. My Broken Palace also features links to professional help.
Suicide: Every 2 hours someone between 15-24 yrs old will SUCCEED in killing themselves (24 hours a day, 7 days a week.) Suicide is the 3rd largest cause of death for teens in the U.S. and 2nd for teens in Canada. 14 out of every 100 high school students seriously considered suicide. 7 out of every 100 HS students attempted suicide.
Depression: 1 in 5 teens suffers depression. Out of the percent struggling with depression only 30% receive any sort of treatment or intervention. The other 70% simply try to struggle through the pain of this illness or emotional turmoil alone.
Abuse: 1 in every 4 girls will be abused sexually before the age 18.
Cutting & Self Injury: 90% of self-injury individuals begin harming themselves during their teen years or younger.
“I felt like I was forgotten about…by people in my life,” said Mary, a young adult who found encouragement with My Broken Palace. “I put a couple of prayer requests up on the walls and got so much encouragement and feedback. I am realizing that I am not alone and that there is hope.”
About My Broken Palace
My Broken Palace is a non-profit organization of passionate people who want to help others in their time of brokenness. Our shared desire is that no one should ever have to deal with the crushing weight of loneliness, depression, anxiety, stress, abuse, addictions, or thoughts of suicide alone. Become part of the movement. Whether you are the one in need or someone who desires to encourage others, My Broken Palace embraces your participation. http://www.MyBrokenPalace.com
# # #
For more information on My Broken Palace, please contact:
Cassidy Perry – FrontGate