IVP Art Director honored with five 2020
Top Shelf Book Cover Awards
WESTMONT, IL— InterVarsity Press is pleased to congratulate art director, David Fassett, for his work on five designs that were chosen for 2020 Top Shelf Book Cover Awards by the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association (ECPA). Fassett received the most awards of all the designers represented.
“The InterVarsity Press publishing program encompasses a wildly diverse set of books that call for equally unique design approaches,” Jeff Crosby, IVP publisher, said. “Year after year, David Fassett’s skill set is more than up to the challenges placed before him, as the five 2020 Top Shelf Awards demonstrate. I join all of my IVP colleagues in congratulating him on a job well done and on designs that help open doors to reaching and engaging readers of our trade and academic books.”
Fassett’s winning covers include:
- A Prayer for Orion: A Son’s Addiction and a Mother’s Love by Katherine James
- The Myth of the American Dream: Reflections on Affluence, Autonomy, Safety, and Power by D. L. Mayfield
- Stewards of Eden: What Scripture Says About the Environment and Why It Matters by Sandra L. Richter
- To Think Christianly: A History of L’Abri, Regent College, and the Christian Study Center Movement by Charles E. Cotherman
- Unsettling Truths: The Ongoing, Dehumanizing Legacy of the Doctrine of Discovery by Mark Charles and Soong-Chan Rah
Fassett joined InterVarsity Press (IVP) as a marketing designer in 2009 and was promoted to senior graphic designer in 2014. He was appointed to the position of art director in May 2017.
“We are so thankful for David’s creativity and the understanding of each book that he brings to the design process,” said Lorraine Caulton, IVP’s director of creativity and customer engagement. “He is very deserving of these honors, and we are thrilled to celebrate these awards, his gifts, and his hard work.”
ECPA announced the winners of this year’s awards on October 1 during the closing session of Pub U Online. Winning book covers are featured at TopShelfAwards.org.