Industry leaders take charge of PubU as ECPA
names the 2018 Brain Trust
PubU will be held November 6-7 at Lipscomb University, Nashville
The industry’s premier training and networking event for publishing practitioners, ECPA PubU, will be held November 6-7 on the beautiful campus of Lipscomb University in Nashville. The event will host more than 40 sessions about the industry’s most pressing topics in marketing, sales, publicity, editorial, design, rights, reader engagement, production, data, delivery, workflow, digital, and more.
This year’s program will also feature a closing keynote by StoryBrand CEO and author Donald Miller.
Each year, a “Brain Trust” of industry leaders is formed to recruit speakers, develop topics, and plan the event. Heading up this year’s Brain Trust is Dave Schroeder, VP of Marketing at B&H Publishing Group, who returns a second year to lead the program.
“We are so pleased to introduce the 2018 PubU Brain Trust and appreciate the return of Dave Schroeder’s enthusiastic and creative leadership,” states ECPA executive director Stan Jantz.
“This program is the most altruistic 24 hours in the entire industry because it is the culmination of hundreds of volunteer hours by 50+ volunteers, led by a core of publishing leaders, all sharing their expertise and connections for the benefit of strengthening each other and the industry. How can anyone want to miss an experience like this?”
The following industry leaders will serve as the 2018 PubU Brain Trust:
- DAVE SCHROEDER, VP of Marketing, B&H Publishing Group (Marketing/Publicity/Sales sessions and Brain Trust Lead)
- JERRI HELMS, Sr. Director of Digital Marketing Strategy, HarperCollins Christian Publishing (Reader Engagement sessions)
- MELINDA BOUMA, Publisher, Zondervan Bibles (Editorial sessions)
- JOSH DENNIS, Executive VP/Creative, Crossway (Design sessions)
- GEORGE ROACH, International Rights Manager, Tyndale House Publishers (Rights sessions)
- KRISTEN MCLEAN, Exec. Director of Business Development, NPD Book
(Data, Delivery & Workflow sessions)
- JOSHUA TALLENT, Director of Outreach and Education, Firebrand Technologies (Data, Delivery & Workflow sessions)
- AMY GREEN, Fiction Publicist, Bethany House Publishers
(Art of Writing conference held for publishers & writers after PubU)
PubU’s signature value is learning from industry colleagues and leaders through panels, Q&A, sessions, and discussions about best practices, case studies, and challenges they’ve faced and overcome. Early bird registration will open soon.
Sign up for program updates at ECPAPubU.org.