HarperCollins Christian Publishing Wins Seven Book Awards
from Christianity Today
Zondervan most recognized publishing group overall
(Nashville, TN) December 17, 2015—HarperCollins Christian Publishing is pleased to announce its flagship publishing programs, Thomas Nelson and Zondervan, were recognized with seven Christianity Today Book Awards for 2016.
On December 16, Christianity Today announced its selection of top books, “most likely to shape evangelical life, thought and culture,” covering 12 topical categories. Within those categories, Thomas Nelson was awarded two and Zondervan five, more than any other publishing group.
According to Christianity Today’s associate editor, Matt Reynolds, these awards, “recognize Christian writers for painstaking research and trenchant analysis, for dazzling prose and arresting imagery.”
The following Thomas Nelson titles were recognized:
- Still Life by Christa Parrish- Award of Merit (Fiction)
- Searching for Sunday: Loving, Leaving and Finding the Church by Rachel Held Evans- Award of Merit (Her.meneutics)
The following Zondervan titles were recognized:
- The Pastor Theologian: Resurrecting an Ancient Vision by Gerald Hiestand and Tod Wilson- Award of Merit (The Church/Pastoral Leadership)
- From Dependence to Dignity: How to Alleviate Poverty Through Church-Centered Microfinance by Brian Fikkert and Russell Mask- Award of Merit (Missions/The Global Church)
- Their Rock Is Not Like Our Rock: A Theology of Religions by Daniel Strange- Award of Merit (Theology/Ethics)
- Coming Clean: A Story of Faith by Seth Haines- Award of Merit (Spiritual Formation)
- Malestrom: Manhood Swept into the Currents of a Changing World by Carolyn Custis James- Book of the Year (Her.meneutics)
“This is a great achievement for the Thomas Nelson and Zondervan publishing teams as well as our authors,” said Mark Schoenwald, president and CEO of HarperCollins Christian Publishing. “The Christianity Today Book Awards have recognized the impact we strive to make on today’s Christian culture, spreading the powerful messages our authors have captured in these seven titles.”
To read the full 2016 Book of the Year Awards announcement from Christianity Today, please click here.
About HarperCollins Christian Publishing: The world’s leading Christian publisher, HarperCollins Christian Publishing Inc., comprises both Thomas Nelson and Zondervan publishing groups in addition to Olive Tree Bible Software. The Company produces bestselling Bibles, inspirational books, academic resources, curriculum, audio and digital content for the Christian market space. Also home to BibleGateway.com, the world’s largest Christian website, and FaithGateway.com, an online community dedicated to helping people grow in their faith. HarperCollins Christian Publishing is headquartered in Nashville, TN with additional offices in the U.S., Mexico and Brazil. For more information visit www.HarperCollinsChristian.com.