HarperCollins Christian Publishing wins 12 awards at CBA’s UNITE 2017
Company awarded with CBA’s Industry Champion Award
(Cincinnati, OH) July 6, 2017—HarperCollins Christian Publishing (HCCP) was honored with numerous awards for its impact on the industry last week at CBA’s Unite 2017, including CBA’s Industry Champion Award, which “recognizes a business whose outstanding contribution has benefitted the entire industry while demonstrating Christian mission and values,” according to Christian MARKET Weekly.
On June 29 at CBA’s annual Legacy Banquet, the Association of Logos Bookstores recognized HCCP for various achievements within the industry.
Four employees were recognized for Outstanding Customer Service:
- Dean Cook, Independent Retail Sales Consultant, Christian Retail Sales
- Gary Comeforo, Independent Retail Sales Consultant, Christian Retail Sales
- Regina Hughes, Sales Representative, Christian Retail Sales
- Jeff Miller, Independent Retail Sales Consultant, Christian Retail Sales
In addition, two titles were recognized in Logos’ Best Book categories, with Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist (Zondervan) winning the award for the Christian Living category, and The Broken Way by Ann Voskamp (Zondervan) winning the award in Spirituality/Devotional. Additionally, Logos honored long-time Zondervan author Anne Graham Lotz with the award for Author of the Year, an award dedicated to honoring an author whose body of work “exemplifies the power of books to change lives forever.”
For the 2017 Christian Retailing’s Best Awards, also presented on June 29, Zondervan won the top award in seven categories:
- Coloring Book: Wonders of Creation
- Christian Living: Present Over Perfect – Shauna Niequist
- Christian Education: Give Your Child the World – Jamie C. Martin
- Children’s Non-Fiction: 101 Ways to Have Fun – Editors of Faithgirlz and Girls’ Life magazine
- Non-Fiction: Unashamed – Christine Caine
- Christian Living/Spiritual Growth: The Broken Way – Ann Voskamp
- Young Adult Non-Fiction: You Have a Brain – Ben Carson with Gregg Lewis and Deborah Shaw Lewis
Awarded based on votes from retailers, publishers, church store managers, and volunteers, Christian Retailing’s Best Awards signal the most impactful titles from Christian publishing throughout the last year.
“CBA’s UNITE 2017 is always an exciting week. While we enjoy reflecting on the successes of the past year, it only fuels our excitement for what is still to come,” says Mark Schoenwald, president and CEO of HCCP. “We are grateful for our longstanding relationship we have with CBA over the years, enabling us to further our mission by meeting the needs of people with content that honors Jesus Christ.”
To learn more about CBA’s UNITE 2017, please visit www.christianretailshow.com.
About HarperCollins Christian Publishing: The world’s leading Christian publisher, HarperCollins Christian Publishing Inc., comprises both Thomas Nelson and Zondervan publishing groups in addition to Olive Tree Bible Software. The Company produces bestselling Bibles, inspirational books, academic resources, curriculum, audio and digital content for the Christian market space. Also home to BibleGateway.com, the world’s largest Christian website, and FaithGateway.com, an online community dedicated to helping people grow in their faith. HarperCollins Christian Publishing is headquartered in Nashville, TN with additional offices in the U.S., Mexico and Brazil. For more information visit www.HarperCollinsChristian.com