Esau McCaulley kicks off second season of The Disrupters with special guest Lecrae
WESTMONT, IL—InterVarsity Press is pleased to announce a second season of The Disrupters, a podcast series hosted by Fr. Esau McCaulley. The season will kick off on September 24 as McCaulley interviews special guest, Lecrae.
“Season two of The Disrupters comes at a time of crisis and uncertainty,” said Richard Clark, producer of The Disrupters and director of media innovation at Useful Group. “A global pandemic and racial protests have exposed our deep need for massive shifts in our approach to our neighbor and our world. That’s why I was so excited to reconnect with Esau to pursue conversations with some of the most urgent voices in the church today. This season is all about what to do when the disruption is well underway. What do you do next?”
The Disrupters focuses on a specific disruption—a break, interruption, or disturbance—in the church. McCaulley and his guests explore how that issue will reshape the church’s culture and its witness. In addition to Lecrae, confirmed guests for this season include:
- Beth Moore, prolific author and Bible teacher, founder of Living Proof Ministries, a Bible-based organization for women, based in Houston
- Justin Giboney, cofounder of the AND Campaign, an attorney, and a political strategist in Atlanta, coauthor of Compassion (&) Conviction
- Taylor Schumann, a freelance writer and author of When Thoughts and Prayers Aren’t Enough: A Shooting Survivor’s Journey into the Realities of Gun Violence (IVP, June 2021)
- Robert Chao Romero, associate professor in the Departments of Chicana/o Studies and Asian American Studies at the University of California at Los Angeles and author of Brown Church
- David Swanson, pastor of New Community Covenant Church, a multicultural congregation in Chicago’s Bronzeville neighborhood and author of Rediscipling the White Church
Clark said, “The conversations Esau has with the guests on The Disrupters are eye-opening and unvarnished. I’ve produced a number of interview podcasts, but I’ve never heard conversations as candid and bracing as these.”
McCaulley, who received his PhD from the University of St. Andrews, currently serves as assistant professor of New Testament at Wheaton College. He is also a priest in the Anglican Church in North America and a contributing opinion writer for The New York Times. His publications include Reading While Black (2020), Sharing in the Son’s Inheritance, and numerous articles in outlets such as Christianity Today, The Witness, and The Washington Post.
The Disrupters will be available via iTunes, SoundCloud, Google Play, and Spotify. For a sneak peek, check out the trailer for the second season of The Disrupters here.
Contact: Krista Clayton, 630.734.4013, email@example.com