Christmas is deemed the most wonderful time of the year because of the joyous spirit that surrounds the holiday season. As Christians, we celebrate an event that goes far beyond mere joy. For marketers, Christmas is the most wonderful time for another reason. It poses a unique opportunity to reach and engage your target audience with Faith-filled, festive advertising campaigns. Keep reading for five Christmas advertising ideas to try this year.
5 Tips for Developing an Engaging Christmas Advertising Campaign
Because the holidays are a popular time to promote products, causes, and services, you have quite a bit of competition. However, you can help your Christmas advertising campaign succeed by following these five tips.
1. Start Advertising Before the Holidays
For a Christmas advertising campaign to be effective, it must start before the holidays. Rather than posting one or two festive social media posts in hopes of drawing attention to your promotion, you need a more robust campaign to reach and engage your audience successfully… and that takes time! In fact, although it may feel weird to begin planning your holiday campaign when it is still over 100 degrees in some states, now is the best time to strategize. That way, you have ample time to create your graphics, write your copy, and plan an integrated cross-channel campaign.
2. Create a Christmas Advertising Campaign with Cheer
When creating your Christmas advertisements, think about the season itself to inspire a cheerful campaign. For most, Christmas is an exciting time filled with joy. People look forward to giving and receiving presents and spending time with relatives and friends they might not see often. It is also a time to celebrate and share the Good News of the birth and life of Jesus, and what’s more exciting than that? With these emotions in mind, create fun, cheerful Christmas advertisements that pull at the heartstrings of your target audience. On the flip side, Christmas can be a very sad time for those who are suffering or who have lost loved ones. Christmas is also a wonderful opportunity to emphasize and advertise your supporting solutions and products.
3. Update Your Website & Social Pages for the Season
When promoting a product during Christmastime, your website is a highly trafficked spot for your customers to visit. Because of this, it is essential to update your website with holiday-specific information relevant to your customers. Update your website homepage with a Christmas-themed banner. If you’re having a sale or special promotion, include a countdown clock to spark urgency. Highlight your best and newest products, or the ones you’re hoping people will purchase for Christmas. Include product reviews to help potential customers build trust in your brand and make a purchase. When visitors come to your website, what they see and experience should fill them with holiday hope and cheer.
4. Get Festive with Your Emails
Email marketing is a great way to reach and engage your audience, especially during the holidays. However, it’s essential to make sure your emails really stand out because competition for attention is fierce. Harvest new subscribers now by using third-party email audiences and lead generation to build the size of and relationship with your subscribers. Then, when you’re ready to engage via Christmas emails, use catchy subject lines with an incentive to open the email, whether that’s a discount, sale, or surprise waiting inside (i.e., new products, back-in-stock items, etc.). Start getting your email list excited about your products now so that when you release a heavy email campaign in December, they will already be primed and excited to see what you’re offering them for gift giving and personal purchases.
5. Use Christmas Advertising Tools on Social Media
Social media is a great place to run a Christmas advertising campaign leading up to and during the holiday season. Here are some different ways you can promote your product or related cause using Facebook and Instagram.
- Run a Facebook and Instagram Ad – Facebook and Instagram ads are a great way to reach your target audience who is looking for things to do and gifts to buy during the holidays. Create a festive graphic or video and compelling copy to promote on both Facebook and Instagram.
- Have a Christmas Giveaway – Consider teaming up with another small business or similar organization to put together a big Christmas giveaway. Social media giveaways are a great way to promote your brand, especially during the holiday season when giving and receiving are on people’s minds. Plus, it increases brand awareness and engagement.
- Utilize Christian Influencers – Develop partnerships with Christian influencers who can help promote your product or cause to a larger audience. At FrontGate Media, our Christian Influencer Group has helped many brands increase their product engagement and sales. Check out these 3 exceptional influencer case studies that show just how far your reach can go.
- Share Product Photos and Videos – You can use your Facebook and Instagram pages as digital catalogs during the holiday season. Post high-quality photos and videos that highlight your products and clearly state how people can get their hands on what you’re offering. To make this Christmas advertising strategy even more effective, consider “boosting” your best-performing product post to reach even more people.
Let FrontGate Media Develop Your Christmas Advertising Strategy Today
With so many ways to promote your brand during the holiday season, it can be hard to know where to start. At FrontGate Media, we are here to create successful campaigns that reach the right people with the right message and promote your products and resources during Christmas and beyond. Contact us today to get started!