BRIDGEWAY ACADEMY STUDENT AND 2012 US OLYMPIC ALTERNATE IN GYMNASTICS ELIZABETH PRICE SIGNS LETTER OF INTENT TO ATTEND STANFORD UNIVERSITY
Homeschooling Program Allows Teen to Pursue Excellence
in Education and Athletics.
(December 18, 2013) Bridgeway Academy Senior Elizabeth “Ebee” Price recently signed a letter of intent, accepting a full ride scholarship to study at Stanford University and locking in a position on the Cardinal’s gymnastics team.
Price, a 2012 US Olympic alternate, has been a fierce competitor not only in sports but in her education as well. With a rigorous training schedule that spans 40+ hours over six days each week, Ebee needed the flexibility of homeschooling. With Bridgeway Academy’s flexible schedule and top accreditation, Ebee thrived, meeting her equally challenging educational goals that would match her thirst for math science, as she aspires to become a biomedical engineer.
“We are so excited to welcome Elizabeth Price to the Stanford family,” states Standford head coach Kristen Smyth. “She is one of the best in the world and ranks among the top recruits we’ve ever had in our program. She is such an exciting and dynamic athlete to watch and I know our Stanford women’s gymnastics fans are going to fall in love with her.”
Price is a talented all-around competitor but excels particularly on vault, bars and floor. Under coaches Bill and Donna Strauss, she has trained at Parkette’s National Gymnastics Training Center and has achieved incredible accomplishments, including:
• Two-time 2012 World Cup all-around champion (Stuttgart, Glasgow)
• Alternate for the 2012 U.S. Olympic Team that won the gold medal in London
• 2012 U.S. Olympic Trials, San Jose, Calif. – 4th-AA, FX; 5th-UB
• 2012 Visa Championships, St. Louis, Mo. – 5th-AA, FX; 8th-UB
• 2012 City of Jesolo Trophy, Jesolo, Italy – 1st-Team; 2nd-VT; 5th-FX; 6th-AA; 7th-UB(T)
• 2012 Secret U.S. Classic, Chicago, Ill. – 2nd-VT(T); 4th-UB; 5th-AA
• 2011 City of Jesolo Trophy, Jesolo, Italy – 1st-Team; 3rd-VT; 4th-BB(T); 7th-AA; 8th-FX(T) (Jr. Div.)
• 2011 Visa Championships, Saint Paul, Minn. – 4th-UB; 5th-VT(T) (Jr. Div.)
• 2011 CoverGirl Classic, Chicago, Ill. – 3rd-UB(T) (Jr. Div.)
• 2010 Visa Championships, Hartford, Conn. – 5th-VT, UB(T) (Jr. Div.)
“She has an incredible work ethic, a competitive fire and simply exudes confidence in everything she does,” Smyth added. “She’s a perfect fit here and I know she will shine in the classroom and on the competition floor.”
To express her thanks and enthusiasm about homeschooling, Ebee made a video to about how her homeschooling education with Bridgeway Academy has allowed her to pursue her passions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zNPg2Wa8-s
About Bridgeway Academy:
Since 1989, Bridgeway Homeschool Academy has been meeting the market demand for freedom in education. Through a holistic approach to homeschooling that includes placement and learning style assessment, customized curriculum, parental support, college preparation and more, Bridgeway’s homeschool programs exceed state and national accreditation standards. Since their inception, over 25,000 students have achieved academic success through custom designed learning plans based on each child’s unique strengths, goals, interests and learning style. Boasting a rate of 80% of students attending college post-graduation, Bridgeway is a proven, highly customized alternative to traditional public and private education.
Bridgeway Academy: Customizing Education. Unlocking Potential
# # #
For more information or to schedule an interview with someone from the Bridgeway Staff, please contact: