AtlasBooks signs two children’s publishers for distribution
Kristen M. Steele
Director of Marketing & PR
800.537.6727 x1410, desk
A-Ba-Ba HaUs is the U.S. branch of A-BA-BA-HA-LA-MA-HA Publishers, founded in 1992 by renowned poet Ivan Malkovych as the first privately-owned children’s publishing house in the independent Ukraine. Today, A-BA-BA-HA-LA-MA-HA is one of the most esteemed producers of children’s literature in Central and Eastern Europe. Their partnership with AtlasBooks makes their titles available for the first time in the U.S. and Canada.
Titles from A-Ba-Ba-HaUs feature visually-stunning works from award-winning and globally-renowned Ukrainian artists such as Vladyslav Yerko, Natalia Kolpakova, and Zhenia Gapchinska.
Of Vladyslav Yerko’s work on the U.S. release of Hans Christian Andersen’s classic The Snow Queen (ISBN 9780996560634, cover, interiors), the author of international bestseller, The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho, said: “It is the most amazing children’s book that I have ever seen in my life.”
Other titles now available in the U.S. and Canada from A-Ba-Ba-HaUs include:
- Hans Christian Andersen’s The Tinderbox (ISBN 9780996560641, cover, interiors)
- Lisa and Her Dreams (ISBN 9780996560610, cover, interiors)
- The Brave Little Airplane (ISBN 9780996560603, cover, interiors)
Two new titles from Jump Press will be available through AtlasBooks in the U.S., Canada, and the UK:
- What on Earth Can We Do? (ISBN 9780975490273, July 2016, cover, interiors), a fun and informative book that, through easy-to-understand language and colorful graphics, introduces children to ways they can make the Earth healthier, such as making less garbage and planting trees
- Follow the Yarn (ISBN 9780975490280, September 2016, cover, interiors), a delightful introduction to colors for toddlers that follows a kitten through the pages as he plays with one colorful ball of yarn after another
Sper’s previous titles with other publishers include the best-selling Hanukkah: A Counting Book and the award-winning The Passover Seder. Sper previously worked as a book designer for Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, and Scholastic, both on-staff and freelance.
“A-Ba-Ba-HaUs and Jump Press are two meaningful and exciting additions to AtlasBooks’ growing children’s line,” said Jon Ackerman, senior vice president of sales at Bookmasters.
“These publishers’ respective picture books and board books complement our extensive list of children’s puzzle books, science activity books, and drawing instruction books, as well as our picture book originals and classic re-issues from best-selling children’s book illustrators such as Dahlov Ipcar and Barbara Cooney.”
Bookmasters, based in Ashland, Ohio, is one of the largest providers of integrated publisher services in the U.S. For more than 40 years, Bookmasters has offered services to publishers and authors such as printing, print book warehousing and distribution, eBook conversion and distribution, editorial, and design. To learn more, visit www.bookmasters.com.