Friday, Rolf Zettersten (SVP HBG & Publisher FaithWords and Center Street) announced changes to the Nashville Division structure which will help broaden the reach of the division’s two imprints, and their books and authors. A few new positions will be created and some will be moved to the New York office where they will have more opportunity to interface directly with the literary agents and media located there.
Since the launch of the Nashville office nearly ten years ago, one of the division’s strengths has been the ability to reach faith-based consumers in the general market. That strategy has proven to be effective over the years, driving overall sales of over 51 million books, and allowing our FaithWords and Center Street imprints to attract and develop national, best-selling authors such as Joyce Meyer, Joel Osteen, Karen Kingsbury, Ted Dekker and John Maxwell.
In order to continue being the best partner for authors and agents, the division will be strategically realigned to take full advantage of HBG’s strong NYC-based marketing, promotion and online publicity resources. This includes:
- Moving all Advertising & Promotion responsibilities for both imprints to the New York team.
- Boosting online promotions and presence with a new, NY-based hire for FaithWords and Center Street.
- Hiring a NY-based Marketing Manager.
- Creating a three-person Center Street office in New York, comprised of an editor, a publicist and an assistant.
This realignment also brings with it growth opportunities and other internal moves:
- Jana Burson, who has been Publicity Director for the division for four years, has great editorial instincts and insights, and will transition into the editorial side of the business as an Editor for FaithWords.
- Shanon Stowe will be promoted to Publicity Director, a position she well deserves. Shanon has developed an impressive track record of garnering national publicity for the authors she has worked with.
- Michele McKee will transition into a new role of Digital Content Director, working closely with editors and authors to develop content for use in enhanced eBooks, apps and other digital opportunities.
- Veronica Sepe, who has proved herself as a brilliant intern, will move into the Editorial Assistant position for Center Street in the New York office.
These changes—consolidating marketing in New York and investing in our online and digital capabilities—position the Nashville Division for future growth, enabling them to continue to launch new voices and publish established authors with great success to meet the growing demand for inspiration works in the general market.
Hachette Book Group (Nashville Office)
10 Cadillac Drive, Ste. 220
Brentwood, TN 37027
615-371-7784 – office