Media Contact: Jeane Wynn, Wynn-Wynn Media, LLC 918-283-1834 • email@example.com
For Event Tickets: http://bit.ly/BookAwardTix or Cindy Carter, firstname.lastname@example.org
PHOENIX, Ariz.—The Evangelical Christian Publishers Association (ECPA) today announced 36 finalists in seven categories for the 2013 Christian Book Awards, honoring Christian publishing’s best books and Bible releases of the year. Each category is comprised of five finalists except for Inspiration, which has six due to a tie.
2013 Christian Book Award nominees are:
- Chronological Life Application Study Bible®, NLT (Tyndale House Publishers) 9781414339276
- ESV Global Study Bible (Crossway) 9781433531538
- Everyday Matters Bible for Women (Hendrickson Publishers) 9781598567052
- Holman KJV Study Bible (B&H Publishing Group) 9781433600333
- NIV Study Bible (Zondervan) 9780310443261
- The Baker Illustrated Bible Commentary by Gary M. Burge, Andrew E. Hill (Baker Books/ Baker Publishing Group) 9780801013089
- Center Church by Timothy Keller (Zondervan) 9780310494188
- Dictionary of the Old Testament: Prophets (The IVP Bible Dictionary Series) edited by Mark J. Boda and J. Gordon McConville (InterVarsity Press) 9780830817849
- Invitation to Biblical Interpretation: Exploring the Hermeneutical Triad of History, Literature, and Theology by Andreas J. Köstenberger, Richard D. Patterson (Kregel Academic & Professional) 9780825430473
- Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament, Acts by Eckhard J. Schnabel (Zondervan) 9780310243670
- The Action Bible Devotional by Jeremy V. Jones (David C Cook) 9780781407274
- Firebird by Brent McCorkle and Amy Parker (B&H Publishing Group) 9781433679179
- Heaven is for Real for Kids by Colton, Todd & Sonja Burpo (Tommy Nelson) 9781400318704
- Hot Chocolate with God #2 by Camryn Kelly with Jill and Erin Kelly (FaithWords) 9780892968442
- Jesus Calling Bible Storybook by Sarah Young (Tommy Nelson) 9781400320332
- The Dog That Talked to God by Jim Kraus (Abingdon Press) 9781426742569
- Harvest of Rubies by Tessa Afshar (Moody Publishers) 9780802405586
- The Next Target by Nikki Arana (David C Cook) 9780781404310
- Submerged by Dani Pettrey (Bethany House/ Baker Publishing Group) 9780764209826
- When the Smoke Clears by Lynette Eason (Revell/ Baker Publishing Group) 9780800720070
- The Family Book of Advent by Carol Garborg (Ellie Claire Gift, a division of Worthy Publishing) 9781609365417
- Jesus Today by Sarah Young (Thomas Nelson) 9781400320097
- Love Out Loud by Joyce Meyer (FaithWords) 9780446538473
- The Quiet Place by Nancy Leigh DeMoss (Moody Publishers) 9780802405067
- Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing by Sally Lloyd-Jones (ZonderKidz) 9780310721635
- Unstoppable: The Incredible Power of Faith in Action by Nick Vujicic (WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group) 9780307730886
- A Grace Revealed by Jerry Sittser (Zondervan) 9780310243250
- The Explicit Gospel by Matt Chandler with Jared Wilson (Crossway) 9781433530036
- Glorious Ruin: How Suffering Sets You Free by Tullian Tchividjian (David C Cook) 9781434704023
- Grace by Max Lucado (Thomas Nelson) 9780849920707
- In the Land of Blue Burqas by Kate McCord (Moody Publishers) 9780802408143
- Anything by Jennie Allen (Thomas Nelson) 9780849947056
- Cradle My Heart: Finding God’s Love After Abortion by Kim Ketola (Kregel) 9780825439285
- Disability and the Gospel: How God Uses Our Brokenness to Display His Grace by Michael S. Beates (Crossway) 9781433530456
- Interrupted by Rachel Coker (Zondervan) 9780310729730
- Love Does by Bob Goff (Thomas Nelson) 9781400203758
One title from each category will be honored as the year’s Christian Book Award winner. ECPA’s highest honor, the 2013 Christian Book of the Year, will be bestowed upon one title from all nominees. 2013 Christian Book Award winners will be named at ECPA’s 2013 Awards Banquet at 6 p.m., Mon., Apr. 29, 2013, during the ECPA Leadership Summit at World Outreach Church (WOC) in Nashville, Tenn. Tickets to the Christian Book Awards event (for those not registered for the ECPA Leadership Summit) are $59 and available in ECPA’s online store at http://bit.ly/BookAwardTix or by contacting Cindy Carter at email@example.com.
The Christian Book Awards, established in 1978 as the Gold Medallion Book Awards by the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association, recognize the absolute highest quality in Christian books. Based on excellence in content, literary quality, design, and impact, the Christian Book Awards are the oldest and among the most prestigious in the religious publishing industry. Christian Book Award finalists and winners receive recognition and support throughout multiple retail and media outlets. For more information, visit www.ecpa.org.
For more information on finalists, visit www.christianbookexpo.com/christianbookawards.
The Evangelical Christian Publishers Association (ECPA) is an international non-profit trade organization, comprised of nearly 200 member companies worldwide, representing a combined revenue of nearly $1.4 billion. Since 1974, ECPA has strengthened Christian publishing by building Networking, Information, and Advocacy opportunities within the industry and across multiple channels so that our members can more effectively produce and deliver transformational Christian content.
For more information about ECPA: 480-966-3998, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ecpa.org.