ConversantLife.com is a new-media blogger website – that is here to help you. We cover a multitude of topics and have expert writers on staff, who are starting the discussion on many issues....including (but not limited to) politics, the economy, entertainment, ethics... We aren’t afraid of the hot button issues!
If you are looking for people to interview who can speak intelligently on these topics before, during or after the election, please keep reading!
If you are sick of the election – skip to the DIVERSIONS to find out other topics that we are discussing...and those experts are available for interviews too!
**BEFORE AND DURING THE ELECTIONS:
Available for interviews:
- Craig Detweiler: Author, Filmmaker, Director of REEL Spirituality and Associate Professor of Theology & Culture, Fuller Seminary. Author of the new book Purple State of Mind: Finding Middle Ground in a Divided Culture.
- John Mark Reynolds: Professor of Philosophy, Biola University. Founder and Director of Biola’s Torrey Honors Institute. Frequent guest and occasional guest host of the Frank Pastore program on KKLA. Author of the forthcoming book, Absolute Romance.
- Richard Dahlstrom: Senior Pastor of Bethany Community Church in Seattle, WA, in the heart of the city among university students, young professionals, families, the homeless, and the elderly. Richard is the author of O2: Breathing New Life into Faith, available from Harvest House Publishers and ConversantLife.com Books.
- Craig Hazen: Professor of Comparative Religion and Apologetics at Biola University. He is also the founder and director of the M.A. Program in Christian Apologetics at Biola. Craig is the author of Five Sacred Crossings: A Novel Approach to a Reasonable Faith, available from Harvest House Publishers and ConversantLife.com Books.
**NOV 5: The Bloggers will discuss:
If Obama is elected - Craig Detweiler will...
If McCain is elected - John Mark Reynolds will…
- Help conservative Christians to figure out why divisive politics didn't work;
- Ask if the old “culture war” tactics aren’t working any more;
- Offer a practical way to help people of faith navigate the (near) future, such as citing historical events brought together by liberals and Christians…
- Committed Christians combined with liberal intellectuals to usher in the abolition of slavery, women’s right to vote, and the civil rights movement in America;
- Apartheid ended in South Africa when reformed-minded Christians like Desmond Tutu and Allan Boesak teamed with the political acumen of Nelson Mandela;
- Converse on how to build bridges rather than just sit out, protest, or ignore the next four years;
- Suggest ways to turn the evangelical defeat into an opportunity; and
- Help the political pundits who will be writing/analyzing the election sort it out...
Either way – Richard Dahlstrom will....
- Suggest that conservatives avoid the tendency to “gloat” and claim that God was on their side to the exclusion of the other side;
- Help people to realize that if they want to make a difference, they will have to reach across the aisle and work with those with whom they disagree; and
- Offer a warning that fighting for the Republican issues shouldn’t result in infighting that could do more damage to the party than anything else.
Craig Hazen will be discussing...
- Realize either way, millions of Americans will wake up either elated or distraught regarding election results.
- Remind Christians of the need to expand their thoughts, because either way the Christian world will be called to embody something that is ‘wholly other’ than either party represented.
- Encourage Christians as those called to be agents of hope in the midst of despair and anxiety and voices of compassion in the midst of anger, and artisans who bring beauty in a time when ugliness is on the rise.
- Cultural Narcissism
- People who are believing this election is the center point of history. It really isn’t.
- This attitude as a symptom of this strange disease that we suffer from – Cultural Narcissism. We want to think that our culture is more essential and profound than any other.
If you are just sick of elections, know that ConversantLife
is a great resource where you can connect with great thinkers in relationships, entertainment, health, business, faith, ethics – a whole myriad of topics, other than politics!
on ConversantLife.com to get your audience talking
Halloween: “The Real Exorcist” Arrives
by Craig Detweiler
Markets and the Human Condition
by Mark Meehan
Intelligent Design and the Emergent Church
by Sean McDowell
Ready to Become an Abolitionist?
By Carrie Nye
**NO MATTER WHAT
We believe Jesus is the only King and we offer our full allegiance. We need to help grow His kingdom here on earth. We need to treat others with love and respect, and take care of our neighbors, no matter what they believe politically!
Please let us know how we can help you. ConversantLife wants to help you have intelligent, thought provoking interaction with your listeners. Let’s get the conversation started!
# # # # # # # #
To schedule an interview or for more information:
Lori Lenz – FrontGate Media